As announced on 16 March 2020, we are closely monitoring the evolution of the COVID-19 in Europe and have put in place a set of measures to ensure the continuity of our activities.
In this respect, we propose to take stock of the extensions of deadlines provided by the European Intellectual Property Offices:
• In France, the INPI has decided that the deadlines related to patents, trademarks and designs according to Articles R514-1, R618-4 R 718-1 CPI, i.e. those deadlines set by the INPI (contrary to those set by law), which have not expired on 16/03/2020, will be extended to 4 months, with the exception of those relating to the trademark opposition procedure
• The EPO has extended all deadlines to 17 April 2020 (https://lnkd.in/ggbi7dJ)
• EUIPO has postponed all upcoming deadlines until May 1, 2020 (https://lnkd.in/gnw7hhN)
• In Germany, the DPMA has indicated that it cannot extend the deadlines set by the law (https://lnkd.in/grxUGck)
• In the Benelux, the BOIP has postponed the deadlines sin die (https://lnkd.in/gf_tTFk)
• In Switzerland, the IPI plans to decide soon on the extension of deadlines (https://lnkd.in/gHhc_pD)
This information will be continuously updated.